- Place Classified Ad
- Special Sections
- Community Links
(NewsUSA) - Most of us would consider many alternatives to having to undergo surgery or to be dependent on medication to find relief from back pain, sciatica, neck pain or chronic headaches.
Fortunately, chiropractic care provides such an option. Doctors of Chiropractic have been winning over countless converts in the health care field by taking a holistic approach to caring for patients with these types of problems. To quote WebMd.com, Doctors of Chiropractic appreciate that "a person is made up of interdependent parts, and -- if one part is not working properly -- all the other parts will be affected."
If you've never been to a chiropractor, here's what to expect:
* A thorough evaluation that may include X-rays, a physical, a chiropractic structural exam that pays particular attention to the spine and pelvis and perhaps a laboratory analysis of blood and urine samples.
* A posture test designed to check for abnormalities like a shoulder or hip that's higher than the other.
* Gentle correction of any misalignments in the spine and pelvis through methods including manual and instrument adjustments.
* Specific stretching techniques and soft tissue rehabilitation.
* Advice and counsel, where needed, on everything from nutrition to exercise to lifestyle modification.
"Chiropractors recognize that even something as simple as your posture and sleep habits can affect your health," says Dr. Gerard Clum of the not-for-profit Foundation for Chiropractic Progress. "And their focus is on helping your body maximize your ability to heal and resist disease rather than just treating the symptoms of an injury or disease."
To find a chiropractor in your area, visit www.F4CP.org/findadoctor.