Archive - Oct 27, 2011 - News Article
The middle of August, I realized that a fibrotic cyst I had been watching through mammograms each year had started growing larger. I felt an urgency to find out--I knew if something was growing, something had to be done as quickly as possible. It was time for my yearly mammogram, so I arranged for one on August 31. The mammogram did show the cyst was larger so as soon as I got the report back, I made an appointment with the doctor for Thursday, September 15.
On Friday, October 14, 2011 the New District #1 County Barn was officially open and celebrated with an Open House which lasted from 11:00 p.m. until 1:00 p.m. The new barn is 4,800 square feet located at 400 S.W. 8th Street in Antlers.
Many individuals throughout the world have have been impacted by breast cancer either directly or through a friend or family member. For some the day that they heard those horrifying words are permanently etched into their brains, but for others it is nothing more than a blur of emotions and they can remember nothing more. That is what I remember. The day that my mother sat me and my brother down and told us she had been diagnosed with cancer is a day I will never forget, but also one that I canâ€™t really remember details.
On Friday, October 7, 2011 local fire departments responded to a large grass fire that was burning about 4 miles east of Antlers on HWY 3. The fire dominated the south side of the road, tearing through trees and fields, with smoke that could be seen from inside city limits. With the strong winds, many were worried that the fire would be pushed into Antlers or shift and cross the highway. On Sunday morning, October 9, 2011 the fire was still smoldering but was not spreading or causing anymore damage, that could be seen from the roadway.