- Real Estate
- Place Classified Ad
- Special Sections
- Community Links
Due to recent events, The City of Antlers would like to remind the public about burning rules and regulations and the types of material that can and cannot be burned inside the City limits.
It is legal to burn sticks, leaves and natural debris. However, it is not legal to burn household trash, furniture and other items.
The City would like to remind everyone that the proper way to dispose of household debris, trash, furniture and other items of this nature is by the trash service or by taking it to the landfill.
State and Federal regulations do not allow the burning of tires, plastic, shingles, old houses and things of this nature. The fire department is not allowed to burn down old dilapidated houses for the purpose of training. The State gave the fire department a grant ot build a facility for the purpose of fire training a few years ago. This facility allows fire departments in this area to come and train with live fire in a controlled environment.
The open burn of refuse or the other combustible materials may be conducted only if the following conditions and requirements are met.
1. No public nuisance is or will be created.
2. The burn is controlled so that a visibility hazard is not created on any road, railroad tracks, or air field as a result of air contamination being emitted.
3. The burn is conducted so that the containers do not adversely effect the ambient air quality of the City.
4. The initial burning shall begin only between three house after sunrise and three hours before sunset. Additional fuel shall not be intentionally added to the fire at times outside these limits.
5. At all times the fire shall be attended by a responsible adult.
6. All burning must be reported to the Antlers Police Department prior to burning. You must give the name, address and telephone number of the person burning.