- Special Sections
- Community Links
After all the votes were in for Pushmataha County, it was clear that this is a Red County, but nevertheless, President Barack Obama was reelected for a second term as our Nation's Commander and Chief.
In the race for U.S. State Representative for District 2 race, it was a little tighter but Markwayne Mullin carried 53.98% of the votes; Rob Wallace collected 41.73% and Michael Fulks received a grand total of 4.29%. On the State level, with 402 of the 530 precincts in, Mullin was carrying the votes by 56.8%.
For State Senator of District 5, current Senator Jerry Ellis roped in 66.50% of the county, leaving Howard Houchen with 33.50%. On the State level, with 63 of the 85 precincts in, Ellis was carrying the votes by 66.9%.
County Proposition #1 (Fire Department Support): was reinstated (passed with a yes) for another 5 years. This proposition was passed with 66.63% of the county supporting it.
County Proposition #2 (Hospital Support): was also reinstated (passed with a yes) for another 5 years. This was passed with 63.25% of the county supporting it.
All of the Judicial Judges (Criminal Appeals, Supreme Court, Civil Appeals) were voted for reelection by Pushmataha County.
As far as the State Questions are concerned, with 1079 of the 1960 precincts in the State in, the results appeared as follows: State Question 758 -yes with 68% of the votes; State Question 759 -yes with 59.7% of the votes; State Question 762 -yes with 58.5% of the votes; State Question 764 -yes with 55.6% of the votes; State Question 765 -yes with 59.3% of the votes; and State Question 766 -yes with 64% of the votes.