Skip to main content

Tips from a Trooper: Accepting applications for the 61st Academy

August 3, 2012

Tips from a Trooper: Accepting applications for the 61st Academy
By OHP Trooper Tommy Allen

The Oklahoma highway Patrol is accepting applications for the 61st Academy. Applications will b taken until August 7th, 2012.

For those of you who have been considering applying for a position with the Oklahoma Highway Patrol, here is a little information on the requirements.

You must be at least 23 years of age, but no older than 45 when the academy starts on February 28, 2013; you must have an associate degree or a minimum of 62 completed hours from an accredited college or university and you must be a citizen of the United States

Documents that will be required are: Biographical Questionnaire that must be completed, certified birth certificate, official transcript showing 62 hours or more successfully completed and Military DD-214 (if applicable).

If accepted into the academy, Salary and Benefit include: Law Enforcement Highway Patrol Officer Cadet Salary during academy: $2,766/mo; Probationary Law Enforcement Highway Patrol Officer Salary: $2,959/mo; Annual Leave: 15 days/year; Sick Leave: 15 days/year; Paid Holidays: 10/year; Health Insurance and Life Insurance; Retirement Plan; Longevity Pay (after two years employment); Expense Allowance and Shift Differential Pay.

On August 6th we will be conducting a practice test in Broken Bow at 6:00 P.M. The test will be a physical agility test that will consist of a mile and a half run, 300 meter sprint, 32 sit-ups and 23 pushups. The test will take place at the Broken Bow football field. This will be a great time to ask questions to the local troopers. For more information contact Troop E headquarters at 580-924-2601. Always remember for an emergency call 911 or statewide you can call *55 with your cell phone to get an Oklahoma Highway Patrolman.


Classified Ads

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes